douche bag slang \ˈdüsh\ \ˈbag also ˈbāg\
- : an individual who has an over-inflated sense of self worth, compounded by a low level of intellegence, behaving ridiculously in front of colleagues with no sense of how moronic he appears
- : see Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
“One of the things in sequester is we cut back in training and maintenance. That’s the way sequester was written, it’s just not appropriate, Mr. President, that our military can’t train and do the maintenance necessary. These men and women were Marines who were training there in Hawthorne, and with the sequester, it’s going to cut this stuff back.”
Well there you have it, the “King of the Demagogues” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid tried his best to find a way to link the tragedy in Hawthorne with the budget cuts brought on by the sequester. The political opportunist Sen. Reid purposely politicized the tragedy, just another incident of “never let a good tragedy go to waste”. Rahm Emanuel would be proud!
Never mind the fact that Marine Corps officials stated that the exercise was planned well in advance, had nothing to do with the budget cuts and that there were no corners cut. They added “if they couldn’t afford to have all the safety precautions into place, they wouldn’t have done the exercise”. To insinuate that the Marines cut corners because of the sequester is irresponsible. Furthermore, Col. Chris Hughes, deputy director of U.S. Marine Corps Public Affairs, said in a statement:
“The comments are unsubstantiated and certainly do not reflect the Marine Corps’ position on this matter.”
Another Marine Corps official in reply to Reid’s comments stated that he considers this nothing but pure political posturing on the backs of these dead Marines.
The Republican Party establishment has long held onto the idea that they are still the “Grand Old Party”. But the truth is, the GOP has been monopolized by fat cats, political insiders, and interest groups. You don’t have to look any further than Carl Rove. Carl, the man who gave us John McCain, Mitt Romney, and backed the opposition for Senators Rubio from Florida and Cruz in Texas during the primaries.
If we are to revitalize our Party, we need to participate. We need to hold our leaders accountable to the ideals and principles found in the party platform. And furthermore, we should expect these representatives to stand and fight, unified, and unwavering. We can no longer afford to passively ride the rails to oblivion, our Country is at stake.
The following list of 10 steps is a start to get our Party back on track:
- Representative that do not uphold our conservative principles should be targeted in the primary process with serious conservative candidates.
- Representative that do not uphold our conservative principles should be removed from a Committee leadership roles.
- Representative that dishonor the office should be immediately removed, and publicly rebuked.
- John Boehner needs to be replaced as Speaker of the House.
- Our Party should champion a Balanced Budget Amendment and lead the charge from the halls of Congress to all 50 State houses.
- The Republican Party needs to embrace the Tea Party if it wants to survive.
- Our Party leaders should develop a single clear and concise message based on the party platform that is communicated loudly and often.
- Our Party leaders should develop a detailed plan to take back historically conservative voting blocks State by State, and vet potential primary candidates supporting only those that pledge to support the Republican Party Platform.
- The Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) tactics used by the other side should be countered at every single opportunity.
- Carl Rove needs to go, we thank him for his accomplishments in 2004, but the last two Presidential elections have shown his ineffectiveness, bad judgement, and wrong ideas.