The Republican Party establishment has long held onto the idea that they are still the “Grand Old Party”. But the truth is, the GOP has been monopolized by fat cats, political insiders, and interest groups. You don’t have to look any further than Carl Rove. Carl, the man who gave us John McCain, Mitt Romney, and backed the opposition for Senators Rubio from Florida and Cruz in Texas during the primaries.
If we are to revitalize our Party, we need to participate. We need to hold our leaders accountable to the ideals and principles found in the party platform. And furthermore, we should expect these representatives to stand and fight, unified, and unwavering. We can no longer afford to passively ride the rails to oblivion, our Country is at stake.
The following list of 10 steps is a start to get our Party back on track:
- Representative that do not uphold our conservative principles should be targeted in the primary process with serious conservative candidates.
- Representative that do not uphold our conservative principles should be removed from a Committee leadership roles.
- Representative that dishonor the office should be immediately removed, and publicly rebuked.
- John Boehner needs to be replaced as Speaker of the House.
- Our Party should champion a Balanced Budget Amendment and lead the charge from the halls of Congress to all 50 State houses.
- The Republican Party needs to embrace the Tea Party if it wants to survive.
- Our Party leaders should develop a single clear and concise message based on the party platform that is communicated loudly and often.
- Our Party leaders should develop a detailed plan to take back historically conservative voting blocks State by State, and vet potential primary candidates supporting only those that pledge to support the Republican Party Platform.
- The Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) tactics used by the other side should be countered at every single opportunity.
- Carl Rove needs to go, we thank him for his accomplishments in 2004, but the last two Presidential elections have shown his ineffectiveness, bad judgement, and wrong ideas.